Zum Inhalt springen

Recovery via seed word for BCH?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hey there, I have my BTC wallet @ blockchain.info (I know - stupid) and did not transfer the BTC to for example kraken or a hardware wallet.

blockchain.info replied after my email, "bad luck, we do not support BCH".

kraken replied to my email, "bad luck, as your BTC werent @ kraken on fork day".

The only possibility that I read about is to use the seed word (recovery phrase) from the blockchain.info wallet as it holds the BTC private key and thus the BCH private key. But I also read there is no tested and secure wallet for this.

Anybody who tried it, or has a different idea? THX, paula

Bearbeitet von paulaschaefer

you can try it.

1) transfer all your bitcoins from blockchain wallet to another wallet (different blockchain account, or electrum, or anyone else) and wait for ~ 5 confirmations .... so your bitcoins are completely safe now.

2) read this link Step 1 to Step 14   (step 6 u can use the online tool)

3) download electron cash from http://www.electroncash.org/ and run it

Enter a wallet name -> Standard Wallet -> Use public or private keys -> insert your private key.

Bearbeitet von Amsi
  • Love it 2

Amsi, on 06 Aug 2017 - 22:52, said:

you can try it.

1) transfer all your bitcoins from blockchain wallet to another wallet (different blockchain account, or electrum, or anyone else) and wait for ~ 5 confirmations .... so your bitcoins are completely safe now.

2) read this link Step 1 to Step 14   (step 6 u can use the online tool)

3) download electron cash from http://www.electroncash.org/ and run it

Enter a wallet name -> Standard Wallet -> Use public or private keys -> insert your private key.

-----------

Worked like a charm - thx a lot! 

Afterwards I tried to send and receive BCH from electron cash to cryptopia and back - worked as well without any problem.

Next thing will be to stay away from this old blockchain.info origin wallet and switch to a hardware one - just to be on the safe side...

cheers again, paula

• Love it 1